Monday, August 6, 2007

Zoo Day


I love the zoo. If I had the time I would be a docent. I use to have doubts about the need for zoos so I have tried to learn more about them. They do serve a purpose other than entertaining humans. I will continue to support this zoo for a very long time.


Wallaroos enjoying the sunshine



I love the butterfly house


Golden Lion Tamarin


One of our favorites


We actually got to FEED the giraffes! It was amazing. They are such beautiful animals.



The elephants are still mourning the loss of Hansa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were the hippos out? I love the hippos but they are always hiding when I go. The last time I saw them I was 21 and thought this guy was gonna accidentally drop his kid - there was an open mouthed hippo almost directly below him and I thought it was morbidly funny and freakish. Very happy that there wasn't an incident. But now I'm just skulky when I go and don't see any sight of hippos. Big meanies.

Christina said...

Great pictures Deb. I haven't been to the zoo in a long time. It has inspired me to go.