Thursday, June 21, 2007

chemistry

Okay. I know I said I have a headache and that is still true. I also think some of my brains have leaked out because I just went on chemistry.com and filled out my profile. I guess I'm curious. So, the first thing they have you do on your "profile" test is describe your right hand! That's what I said - describe your hand! (Is your index finger shorter or longer than your ring finger, etc.) WTF!! Then they ask you some real questions about your personality. Then they have you do some more visual acuity tests! What, if you have good spacial ability you can't be matched with an asymmetric person? They want a photo - you are 8 times more likely to find a good match with a photo. I don't have a photo. I guess I'll have to have a stupid photo.

My first 5 matches are free. They are Steve, Brian, Kevin, Bill, and Rene. That's right, Rene. Bill has a large mustache and is in transportation - i.e. bus driver. His profile was the funniest, for sure. Brian is the only other one with a photo - not bad but he is 49 and never been married. Is that normal? He looks too shiny for me. Kevin sounds like a good match - our profiles are a "great match" according to the man behind the curtain. I'm an Explorer/Negotiator and he is a Director/Negotiator. But here is his essay:


Sharing is what relationships thrive on. By truly being open to another, almost all of life's experiences take on far richer hues. The azure color of the ocean in the south of France is just that when viewed by oneself. When that same scene is reflected in the eyes of your soul mate, when you feel the touch of her hand, her smile. The result is very powerful. This is what I'm looking for, are you?


See. I'm not so sure that's NORMAL. Did his sister write this or what?And his profile title is "Why not enjoy the ride?" What does that mean?

Rene seems pretty normal but his occupation is telecommunications/phone guy. Phone guy? He is a Director/Builder. I guess I need direction.

I'm not sure if I go on for shits and grins or stop while I'm ahead. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shits and giggles all the way, babe!

Sharon Rose said...

For you headachers - have you tried craniosacral therapy? Find an osteopath (DO) in your area who does it, NOT an LMT with a weekend course. I wish I'd known, I would have fixed you before I left!

RE: dating: don't forget to meet in a public place, and don't give out your last name or home phone right away!

Sharon Rose said...

Oh - forgot this: Hand shape reveals lots of birth defects (curved pinky, simian crease associated with Down's, etc), so it's not too surprising to me that they are using biometrics to identify various traits.

for geeks:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/002t841703771287/

for normal people:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/16/AR2006101600941.html

Sharon Rose said...

Shite! The links got truncated. Just Google "digit length traits".

Anonymous said...

What, no cowboys?!