Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blah-ging

Sorry for not posting for a bit. I've been a little busy/lazy/tired. I guess having to read all of those messages from admirers really takes a lot out of a girl.

I'm really excited about all of the comments on my poly posting. I think this is what blogs are really for - an exchange of ideas. I've learned so much since that posting. Thanks to everyone for putting in their two cents.

On the OKC front: I've been corresponding with my two lads in the UK and really enjoying it. As I mentioned before, they are very different. One is a bit Eeyore-like and the other more like Rabbit, I think. Eeyore is sweet and kind and a bit unsure about his place in the world. He likes talking about everyday things - I think they bring him comfort. I enjoy talking with him but I find that I don't write with the same humor as I do with others. Funny how that happens.

Rabbit has some bitterness in his life but uses his sense of humor to struggle through it. He is the writer of ghost stories and is studying for his Ph.D. in English. We write very silly messages and LOL is used a lot. The trouble is, he sent me a few of his stories and asked for some input. This is a problem as I am not one to hide my opinion about things (surprise, surprise) and I thought the stories had some flaws. Okay, that's being too kind - some of them were not too bad but two were really awful. I made what I thought were some constructive comments about the worst one and didn't say anything about the others. He assumed that this meant that I thought they were fine. Ack!! I think I'll have to ask him to stop sending me stories and switch to jewelry or chocolate instead.

On the flip side of this coin, I think by NiceGuy from Oregon is being just that - nice. He sent me a very sweet - maybe too sweet - message saying how lovely it is to chat with me and that he'll be busy this week and unable to write. When I checked the site this morning I noticed that he had time to post a rather long journal entry. I am pretty sure that he writes me just to be nice and doesn't want to hurt my feelings. How sad is that! Once, in my awkward youth, a friend of mine asked a boy I liked if he thought I was cute and his response was "she has good skin." This was kid code for "gag me." (bad flashback!) That's how NGs messages make me feel. Not ugly and awkward but just....not right.

It seems that my poly friend is the only one that I can be truly honest with! No chance of relationship so, nothing to hide or feel bad about. He wrote me to let me know that he and his partner had their au pair/girlfriend living with them now (she arrived from wherever it is they use to live) and so equilibrium has been achieved in his world. We still plan on getting together sometime but with the whole gang, I think. That should be fun! Nothing like being the fourth wheel with a threesome.

No comments: